Pretender, The Way To Go For Some


I am not a perfect being, I have many flaws but when it comes to 'play act', I will fare badly.  As an imperfect being I am and who am I to comment on somebody's flaw, really?  But I can't help posting my thought on my blog as it has been bothering me for quite a while.  Tell you all already, I am not perfect lor.     

I know this person for good many years but I will not name her (opp, she is a lady...well, what the heck) - for obvious reasons.  To get my story going, let me give her an initial instead.  Okay, I will call her AS (not ASS but AS, the initial).  Why I say AS is a great pretender?  This is the story... 

By the way, we were friends once but not anymore for quite few years.  Admittedly, in my 50 years in life, I have not met anyone who will (without shame) announce to the world that he or she has worked his or her butt out when in actual fact, it is the contrary.  I won't say AS is a bad leader but an exemplary one, far from it?  If she does not think too highly of herself and too lowly of others; if she accepts teamwork is the way to go & grow; if she, as the leader of her team knows how to recognise credits of others and not totally for herself while faults are pointed at others and not herself, the list can go on and on...the joy of working as a formidable team is real, haiz!

I will list two recent incidents which really put me off.  A fellow colleague in her team passed away from a sudden sickness and some of us helped to pass the hat around for the bereaved family.  AS (gracious of her, this part should be real) emailed to thank some of us for helping in our small way or another.  Perhaps, she was in a rush to send this thank you email to some of us, she made a typo error.  She was supposed to type 'deceased or demised colleague', instead she typed 'dismissed colleague'.  Simple mistake and no big deal, right?  I pointed out the typo error to her immediately.  Guess, what was her reply?  She replied she is busy as she has to send out many quotations to clients and she will leave the mistake at that, as she has no time to correct that one word, 'dismissed'.  Hey, she got the time in the world to thank me for pointing out to her and explaining her rather weird reason for not correcting it but didn't have the time to re-send the corrected one.  Does that make any sense to anyone?  No time to eat or even 'shit' (I am bad, the latter is added to up the effect)?  By the way, business continues to reel badly despite the many quotations sent.  The one thing I cannot stomach is that she does not know what is respect to others, especially to the person who has just passed away.  Does she know that those who do not know this deceased person received this supposedly thank you email from her will think he was dismissed from his job and then passed on?  I have no idea whether she knows she was doing a great disservice to her fallen colleague.  When I read her reply, it was beyond words for me to say more.

While her 'busy schedule' continues, but at a drop of a pen, she flew off to a far far place for more than one week with her pal and I cannot say it was for work, for holiday or both.  Anyway, if it was related to work, her job has no link to the few places she visited with her pal but she gladly did it at a drop of her pen.  What do you think what her other colleagues (who are her subordinates, unfortunately) will think?  She is lucky she is a protected species in the organisation, not many will have such luck though.

Why do I want to pen this story knowing she might know I am talking about her?  Am I afraid of a rebuttal?  Simply put, I am not a pretender like her and I really cannot stand the false front she put out.  Lastly, I am laying bare the facts.

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinking Vessel

Gunung Belumut Climb

Hike Up Gunung Pulai and Kangkar Pulai Fruit Farm Tour